Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"I'll be shopping for a living!"

Just 2 days ago I was determined to commit to studying for CFA after some encouragement from kh, kh's sis, jack and mum. I was getting pretty pessimistic about the job outlook, although, I must admit, I haven't exactly been diligently sourcing for jobs in the first place. Too many TV series getting in the way. =.=

Anyhow, all plans to study further have to be put on hold now because of the change in situation. John Little has offered me a position as an Assistant Buyer. Went down to Marina Square today to sign the appointment letter. Will be starting work next monday!

The pay is not that great but I guess it's something I would enjoy doing, and also something I can definitely see myself doing in the future. Well, I'd be shopping for a living! What's there not to like? Lol. And I also get to enjoy a cool 25% staff discount. Hehe.

Was slightly hesistant at first cuz I was hoping for a higher wage. But then, you'll need a lot of experience and a large portfolio to advance as a buyer. Not many companies are willing to train fresh grads at this time. So I guess this job is a good start.

Incidentally, they hired me cuz of my experience dealing with suppliers through online shopping rather than for my marketing degree. Kinda shows how useless my cert is. And this really puts me in a dilemma because it makes me wanna study further even more. =.= Well, I'll see how it goes. Still have until August to decide if I wanna continue studying.

I just hope my job is fun. =) And please gimme a pay rise soon. >_< Yes, and I need to buy more fashion magazines. Research, research!

No comments:

Post a Comment