So far work is okay although there's really a lot of work to do. First day of work and I was already getting quite busy. But at least I have full internet access at work and I'm learning something new everyday. Else I will seriously be bored to death.
First day of work and already boss ask me to download msn. Well well, what can I say? Lol.
After which my manager gave me a welcome lunch. Initially, I did not know she was gonna treat me. She just said,"Let's lunch together afterwards." So when she and 2 other colleagues led me to this Japanese restaurant at Centrestage, I was like thinking wow these people really don't eat cheap. So I ordered the cheapest thing there which is a set meal for $6.60. =.=
But some time later, our table was filled with our own main courses, PLUS scallop mentai, the dragon roll thingy, tempura platter, cod fish, and the nicest tasting soft shell crabs I've ever eaten. Like wow. So much food! That was really nice and generous of her. I honestly did not know it was gonna be a treat else I would've taken some pics. >_<
Anyway my cubicle is situated in a pretty good position. Quite a lot of privacy haha. And that makes my little space really cosy. ^_^ But I must admit on first impression I thought the whole office is really messy. According to my colleague, Melissa, you can tell how well a retailer is doing by looking at how messy the office is, because of the amount of merchandise lying everywhere. >_<

Woohoo! My desk. Still quite empty haha..

Woot! My very first official namecard...
So anyways I received my first phone call on Tuesday. It was so weird. Melissa was at my desk when we heard a phone ring...
Mel: Eh your phone.
Me: Why would anybody call me?
Mel: Maybe it's mine. *goes to check* Eh, it's not mine leh.
Me: It's mine! *panics* What do I do? What should I say?
Mel: Just pick up the phone! -_-"
So it was a supplier who called to ask me something. Apparently, people DO respond to the signatures you put in your emails. -_-" I should get used to this.
Long day ahead... need to catch up on some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment