Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lao Bei Jing

Went to Lao Bei Jing for the $10.80++ tim sum high tea buffet (3-5pm) at Novena Square today. Very bad experience. A huge disappointment from what we had expected since it got quite a number of people raving about it.

I gotta say the 3 dishes below are one of the few edible dishes. Spicy and sour soup, roti-prata-like guo tie, and braised duck with potato. Kh also liked the custard bao. Unfortunately, he only managed to eat 1 because lotsa kiasu aunties were piling their plates with it and then leaving lots of leftovers.

The so called "tim sum" high tea is a very limited selection of the menu and I can name them all in one sentence. Guo tie, more guo tie, noodles and xiao long bao. Zha Jiang mian was bad. Beef noodles tasteless. Xiao long bao, food court tim sum standard. Guo tie, so many types of guo tie but they all taste the same. Nothing fantastic either. Desperately wanted a cold dessert to get rid of the bad aftertaste. Unfortunately, the cold dessert is almond jelly and longan which is tasteless as well. Sad~




I understand that it is only $10.80 (after ++ $13). But for $10.80, I do not expect to be eating substandard food and getting poor service. This is after all, a Tung Lok Group restaurant. You don't expect its reputation to go down like this.

While I was waiting in line at the buffet table, one of the waitress actually pushed me aside slightly to get across and sorta stepped on my toe as well. She could've said excuse me or something but that didn't happen. Other than that, we get ignored quite often. Took us quite some time to get a waitress to take our order.

I haven't had such a bad lunch in a long time. I suggest that ya all don't waste your money on this place. Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment