Friday, May 16, 2008

Golf + Settlers

I had expressed some interest in learning golf some weeks back, and last night, my dad was going to meet his friend at Tanah Merah SAFRA for golf and asked me if I would like to tag along. Of course I did. So did mum, gerrie and Kh.

Dad got his friend to teach us as he was better at teaching. Haha... I managed to hit beyond the green flag (i.e, the 54m mark) after a few tries. Dad's friend kept nagging at me. Back straight, chin up, knees bent... yadayadayada... Kh, who hadn't even tried it also nagged along. I got so irritated I retorted,"You think so easy you come and try lah."

So he did. And now's my turn to have the last laugh. Wahahahaha.... XD


I don't mind learning golf but I think it's kinda zzz, though Dad's friend said that once you get the hang of it, you'd want to play 3 times a week like him. =.=" Prefer more thrilling stuff. Golf on Pangya is real fun though. Got Tomahawk, Cobra, nice landscapes... hence the term "fantasy golf". Too bad its closing down in august. =/

Yes, I've been keeping myself busy this holiday. Met up with Kh, Jack and Julie at Settlers. Jack and Julie--Kh's super lovey dovey couple friends. Went to Settlers@ClarkeQuay. Made reservations for 2pm-10pm. The person who took down the reservation was kinda sarcastic la. He kept emphasising that we will be here the WHOLE DAY. Like it was some big deal. Even when we entered the cafe, he was like,"So you all will be here the WHOLE DAY." (That's how I know that he's that sarcastic guy.) Yes we know that. We like to play so long cannot meh. -_-"

We totally entertained ourselves the whole time. Didn't need to ask them much about the games. That guy who served us was also the one who took down the reservation, and also supposedly one of the head staff of the cafe. He seemed curious as to why we didn't need his help with games (and we aren't even regulars to begin with) so I told him that Kh and I used to work at Settlers@Katong. Several hours later, he approached us and offered us a job at their cafe. Starting pay $5/hr! Which is what I get as a trainee IC at the Katong branch! Not bad lah. The work environment is also better than Katong's. But I don't think I will take up the offer. The location is too inconvenient for me. Also, I'm currently looking for a serious part-time job that could possibly "beautify" my resume.

Gotta seriously start looking for a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment