I'm only posting about it now because my new router wasn't working, and it affected the desktop's internet connection. I had to get the computer repair man to come down and fix it for us. I can say it's worth it because the problem turned out to be much more complicating than I thought, and it also eased the burden and frustration I had, when I tried all I could to fix it myself.
Here are some pictures of my new laptop!
Dell is so efficient! The delivery was 3 days earlier than the estimated date. It would've been 4 days earlier if not for the Hari Raya holiday. They also called me up to tell me they would be coming at around 7-10pm, but the delivery man came at 5pm! Eh, that's a lot earlier man. Thank goodness I was at home.
Anyway, I was browsing through the available laptop models and brands on offer, and I narrowed my choice down to Acer, Dell, and HP. The 3 models for these laptops have similar specifications, and some minor differences. Acer's laptop design is the nicest, but the specifications didn't exactly suit my requirement. HP's laptop design is nice too, but it's way too expensive for what it's worth (even after the discount).
I wouldn't say I LOVE this dell laptop model. It's thick and heavy, and it's sooo silver. But Dell allows me to change the specifications to suit my requirements, and it's a major PLUS factor already. Also, after upgrading, it's better than the other 2 laptops but much cheaper. Why not? I asked myself. Laptops are going to get cheaper and cheaper with the rapid advancement of technology. There wasn't any point getting a super high-end one. Plus, Windows Vista is going to be launched next year. I don't think I'll be using this for too long anyway.
Kh and my mum totally approved of me buying this Dell laptop over other models, so I guess it wasn't such a hard decision.
It costs $1.4k+, with upgrade of processor (from 1.66Ghz to 1.87Ghz), RAM (from 512mb to 1G), and 15 months Norton subscription. Initially, I wanted to upgrade the harddisk to 80G or 120G. But CM said 60G is more than enough for me, and I agreed. So I upgraded the processor instead of the harddisk.
Hah, finally have my own laptop now (paid it in cash myself k... T_T). Totally enjoying it now. =D


No comments:
Post a Comment