Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Aftermath

After a very depressing week, I felt that keeping myself busy is the best way to ease my pain. The only time when I'm not thinking about the car crash or Hammie and Jean, is when I'm thinking of something else. And I think keeping myself busy is good because I don't want to keep harping on the past.

This week, I've had so much to do. For a start, I feel like I'm camping at the airport. Last friday, it was to send my dad off. Then on sunday, we went to Swensen's at T2 to celebrate Gerrie's birthday. Jeremy, my sis's boyfriend gave us a treat, and it was also the first time Kh and Jeremy met each other. Just yesterday, we went back to the airport again to send my aunt off. And at midnight today, we went to pick my dad up from the airport. Tomorrow, it will be my dad's turn to send us to the airport.

For the rest of the week, I was at home working on my laptop most of the time. I added many new items to my ebay account, and also got back to mapling whenever I had time to spare. It's been really fun mapling again after a few months break. CM lent me his store permit to use for 2 days while he was away for reservist, and several "pro" items which he obtained when I was inactive, and I'm really grateful for that. Maple also released a new map for us to explore, and that has been keeping me occupied for awhile.

I also attended my cousins' birthday party at McDonald's. -_-" Ok, really it was my first time attending a party at McDonald's. I didn't do much there. The kids were playing musical chairs which I really did not want to join in even after Pei Shan tried to pull me in. Erm, thanks but no thanks. I stayed outside with Kh and Gerrie to eat instead. I brought my laptop along but apparently, the Ginza branch does not have Wifi. We got quite bored, so we walked to my grandma's house nearby to put down our bags, then headed off to West Coast Park for some playground fun.

It was the first time my paternal grandma met Kh. She was smiling from ear to ear. I couldn't help smiling as well. It made me so happy to see her smiling like that. The kind of delight that I've never really seen in her before. It was also the first time I felt so much joy in my heart after a horrible week.

I think this week has been a blessed week. Last week, my home desktop was down and it caused much frustration. This week, Jeremy came over to help us fix our computer, and that really released a lot of my burden and frustration. Also, Uncle Alan told Kh that he will be changing his car, so that means that I do not have to pay for the repair fees anymore. Just this morning, Dad brought back lots of goodies from Tokyo and Hokkaido. It was really nice listening to him tell stories about his experience there. Hokkaido is now snowing like crazy. It has inspired me to save money (or rather work harder, cos' I don't save T_T) to go there one day. What a beautiful country!

There were many funny incidents too.

On the way to the airport yesterday, my 8 year old cousin, Dennis, was asking us if we wear spectacles because he doesn't. Very innocently, he said,"My whole body not healthy only my eyes healthy." -___-" Poor thing! I wonder why he said that.

At the airport this morning, Gerrie and I saw a man wearing a t-shirt that says "STILL ALIVE" in front. At the back, it has all the disasters printed on it in chronological order. From year 2000-2005. "Bombings, SARS, bird flu, Tsunami, WHAT'S NEXT???" Quite a funny t-shirt. Haha.


I'll be flying off tomorrow and I'm almost done with packing. Looking forward to many many days of shopping and yummy food. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment