We cycled there. Along the way, we stopped at Katong Mall to have ice-cream at Awfully Chocolate. Costs $5 for double scoop and it's extremely delicious. Yum yum!

After that, we headed to Sam's pet shop, where we first bought Hammie and Jean Grey. Whenever we're at the Marine Parade area, we'd always drop by Sam's to see if they've anything new, or if they've cuter hamsters than ours. Uh, not that I'd dump those 2 little naughty ones if I do find cuter ones, but the fact is, there isn't any cuter ones (so far). =X Hammie and Jean Grey are really the most beautiful hamsters I've ever seen. Especially Jean. She's so pretty. Hammie's so lucky to have her. And of course lucky to have me and Kh as their owners as well. Heh.
I feel bad for having to leave them alone for 10 days while I'm away in Thailand, so I bought them a new toy. It's this box of puzzle pieces for hamsters and toddlers to play with. You can join the pieces to form a tunnel any way you like it. It's interesting I guess. Not just for the hamsters but for us as well. Costs $17.90.
Next stop, Watsons! I love Watsons too. I get so much stuff from there. I don't consider myself a Watson fan though. I know of a friend, Azer, who buys almost everything from there. She was my ex-colleague too, and everyday during lunch time, she'll stop by Watson to get chocolates and sorts. And she only goes to Watson! She doesn't go to Guardian or whatever similar shops. Now that's what I call a fan!
The annoying thing is that, after I bought these bottles, which cost about $6.60, I saw a packaged ziplock bag at Sasa selling at $5.90! And it comes with big bottles, and a comb, and a facial cloth, and a mirror!!! ARGH. Never mind. I'll pretend I didn't see it.
After that, I headed to Chamelon to get myself a hairband. My previous one broke. =( I like the colour so much, I bought myself another one which is exactly the same. Costs $1.90.
Then, Kh and I went to Giordano, Bossini, U2, Esprit, Nike, Adidas, Topshop, M)phosis, Marks and Spencer, and some other less common shops. We bought nothing there. The first 6 shops I mentioned have got affordable clothes but sometimes too common. Don't be surprise if you see someone in your lecture hall wearing the same piece. When that happens to me, I usually try to avoid wearing the same one to school again. Man, it's so embarrassing. ARGH. And the last 3 shops, are what I call SENTOSA. So Expensive Nothing To See Anyway.
Another reason for going to Parkway: to get a birthday present for Gerrie. She's crazy about OP. So, we went to check out the OP store there. Kh and I saw something that we both like, and we think Gerrie would like too. Unfortunately, it is not for sale as an individual item. You have to spend a minimum of $80 in order to buy that "thing" at a discounted price. Usual price $59.90. That "thing" is really nice and Kh and I couldn't think of anything better to buy for her, so we forced ourselves to look around the shop to see if there's anything we can buy for ourselves with $80. I shall not state what that item is because upon reading this, she would come screaming at me and demand that I hand it over. =X
There wasn't anything that we really really like, and anyway, we're so over that OP phase already. I guess it's more for youngsters like my sis. But, for Gerrie's sake (and YOU better appreciate this), Kh found a decent looking surf pants and t-shirt for himself, and I found a t-shirt that is quite nice.

This t-shirt costs only $18. In total, we spent $106 at OP. T_T
By this time, it was almost 10pm and we were the last customers at the store. Kh and I hurried to Breadtalk to get some danish for tomorrow's breakfast. 5 for $3.

Ok, I know they're in a pretty bad shape now. We only realised that, after so much shopping, we still have to CYCLE home with the LOAD. I'm sorry danish, but I'll still eat you anyway. =P~
Another reason why I love Parkway. It's got all the banks that we go to. POSB, DBS, UOB, MayBank, Standard Chartered, CitiBank. I can get all my banking stuff for all my banks done there. How convenient. I updated my passbook, and then we went to have carrot cake at the hawker center for supper.
It's actually called Veg Oil Carrot Cake. I thought that was weird. I can't remember the stall's name but it has a Good Food label. I wonder how they grade food these days. The carrot cake (we ordered $2), has no ingredients. It was just a very very soft and soggy plate of carrot cake, plus a bit of egg, and lotsa lotsa oil. After eating it, there was this oil taste in our mouths and we left with a very bad impression for the stall. I was like,"No wonder it's called Veg Oil Carrot Cake." (If anybody wants to eat good carrot cake, I recommend Soon Lee stall at Haig Road Hawker Center.)
$100+ spent in 3 hours. Not a large sum considering the number of things we bought, and it left us (especially me), very very satisfied. =) I don't always shop you know.




No comments:
Post a Comment