Saturday, December 09, 2006

Thanksgiving dinner and some random events

I had a really great time in Thailand but the welcome-back "surprise" is none too pleasant. My handphone got stolen on my return flight from Thailand. =( I only found that out when I reached home. I reckon it must be stolen at either the Bangkok airport or Singapore Budget Terminal. My guess is it was stolen at the Singapore Budget Terminal since I've seen how the BIA staff handle the luggage, and they look more reliable than the BT staff.

I put "phone kena stolen at airport =(" as my MSN mini-nick. Many people came to ask me about it. They were shocked to learn that it got stolen at AN airport. Aren't airports supposed to be very reliable? I thought so too. Until now.

I'm pretty sure it was stolen. For a start, there were already signs that the luggage was mishandled. There was a green strap attached to my backpack. I don't know whose is it. While I'm wondering who took my phone, someone else must also be wondering where his green strap went to. =/

Also, I put the phone together with a pair of scissors in the same pocket. Somehow, the scissors was opened when I saw it. So obviously someone must have touched it since it's unlikely that the scissors will move by itself.

Initially, I didn't think the theft was a big deal. I could only blame it on my own carelessness. But people were like,"Hey AIRPORT you know?" So it wasn't a small deal either. I called Changi Airport, and they referred me to Budget Terminal. I called Budget Terminal, and they referred me to Tiger Airways. I called Tiger Airways, and they referred me to the police. Oh, so everyone's shifting blame now? I didn't call the police. How does one make a police report anyway? Do I call 999? Cannot be. That's for emergency isn't it? I asked around and nobody seemed to know. Forget it then. So troublesome.

Lucky for the thief then. I hope he's poor and has a huge family to feed. Else, I really wanna kick his ass. Unworthy thief.



*************************************



While meeting the gals at Vivocity for an afternoon chat on Thursday, I got myself a new handphone to replace my lost one. It's the nicest lousy phone available. Nokia 6030. Bought at $158.



(space reserved for photo. now no camera phone so muz wait longer =( )




I had discussed with Lay Leng about my options after losing a phone. We decided that I should get a cheap one first since I only need to wait 6 more months before my contract ends. This handphone I got has no bluetooth, no camera, no nothing. Except a radio which I don't even listen to.

I must say this incident is a loss, but it has also been a blessing. Mum sponsored me $100 for my new phone although I didn't ask for it. It's definitely a huge relief from my financial burden since I've been spending so much these few months, and there's no income coming in (my students are all on holiday too). On the laptop and the Thailand trip especially. All fully paid by myself. T_T

Dad doesn't know that my phone got stolen. He has a friend who sells nokia phones really cheap. But I can't let him know that. Not till he gets his new phone at least. Cuz Dad's upgrading his phone soon. If he knows what happened, he'll surely insist that I have his new phone and then he'll use a lousy one! He's been using lousy phones for years. I can't let me stop him now!




****************************************



I was mapling this afternoon for a short while. I was training alone at The Parking Lot to see how effective it is to train without CM (I usually only go there with him around). Then I reported the results to him...

me: WAH. 1% per min.
CM: hacker
me: eh, say wrongly. it's 1% in 5 mins.
CM: a smaller hacker, but still a hacker.
me: F5

I thought his response was pretty hilarious, so I'm blogging about it. Hah. He likes to call me 'hacker' cuz sometimes I level up so fast. LOL.




****************************************



I just got back from my church's Thanksgiving dinner held at YWCA ballroom. It was quite an honour sitting at the same table as one of our famous worship leader, Stephen. Seeing that Kh and I were unfamiliar faces, he introduced himself to us. Kh was like,"Why the heck does he need to introduce himself? The whole world knows who he is." -_-"...

Almost immediately after the short introduction, Stephen pulled us to join a ministry. It was a bit sudden and aggressive but I guess that's okay since I've been wanting for someone to help me take that first step into joining a church ministry. He was suggesting that we join the choir or the welcome team, since both groups need some youths. However, Kh and I decided to join the Multimedia team instead. It's more suitable for us since we both like computer stuff anyway. Excited, Stephen called Jack over. Jack is the head of the multimedia team, who also happens to be one of my sis's ex-boyfriends. =X Man, he looks so trim and fit now. I almost couldn't recognise him! Kh thinks he has been working out. Think I better go work out too to prepare myself for ministry, lest he calls me "ba ba" again. T_T

Gerrie always tells me that she wants to learn drums. Stephen happens to be a very good drummer and percussionist. He also heads the Rhythm of Praise ministry which is something like Stomp. I told Gerrie that I would tell Stephen that she wants to learn drums. She was like,"Noooo!"

When she was offguard, I told Stephen that she wants to learn drums. Stephen said,"Good! Join us lah!" Then I told Gerrie,"I told him you want to learn drums already." She was like,"HUH?!" Then she looked at Stephen. Stephen beamed at her. She thought he was just being friendly. Then Stephen did the drumming action and nodded his head. Gerrie's jaw dropped. She didn't think I had the guts to do it see? LOL. Ooh I just love sabotaging her! HAHAHA!!! You should've seen the look on her face!!! LOL.

Halfway during dinner, we were supposed to play a game. We had to pass a huge balloon around by hitting it, and whoever catches it when the music stops have to go up on stage! Kh was like,"SO easy! Just don't catch it lah!" And you know what happened next. He caught it himself and had to go up on stage! HAHAHA!!!

8 people (including Kh) were caught and everyone thought they had to do forfeits. However, there's a twist. There are no forfeits. The organiser said something like God's love is extended to everybody and there's only love in this game. So, instead of having to dance or sing, all the 8 people received a box of chocolates and a special blessing in the form of an envelope! Everyone else was like,"Aiyah, should've caught that ball." Nice twist though. Who would've thought of that?

It was a really fun night. It was made even more fun when my mum's loony friend came over to our table to say/do her usual loony stuff. She took the balloon behind her chair and pasted it on Gerrie's back! Then she asked Gerrie to paste one on my mum's back! Gerrie refused so she pasted it on my mum's back herself! L-) SO FUNNY MAN!!! 40+ already still doing such stuff! Then she went on to make more lame jokes that were as cold as winter. I was laughing so much, that my stomach was aching.

****************************************

Will post more on the Thailand trip soon. Stay tune! ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment