LANGKAWI!!! A very beautiful place.


1st pic: Stonefish, 5th pic: The penguins you see in "Surf's Up". Can't remember what that breed it's called.

Go Kart! So fast, so furious, so dangerous... ooh I like. =)

Here's how I compare...
Escape's Go Kart: I can jog faster than its maximum speed pls.
Genting's Go Kart: Woohoo! Fun! But still I don't need the brakes. =/
Langkawi's Go Kart: Like I said, so fast, so furious, so dangerous. I don't just need brakes, I need seatbelts man!
According to our taxi driver/tourguide, this is the slower of the 2 Go Karts they have (where's the faster one? Ooh scary.). It goes up to 60-80km/h, and it's an international standard race track we were racing on.
Lucky for us, there was nobody there, so we didn't need to queue at all. There wasn't even a safety briefing or what. I just got onto my go kart, put on my very loose helmet, and was trying to find my seatbelt but I couldn't find any. I asked,"Where's the seatbelt?" That man was like,"No seatbelts." Seeing my horrified expression, he went on,"Don't worry, it's safe." Me, still horrified. This thing goes up to 60-80km/h, it doesn't have seatbelts, and this man here tells me it's safe! :O This is a go kart, not a car ya know?
Obviously, I didn't dare go too fast at the beginning. There were so many sharp turnings and all, you can't go at max speed and not use your brakes. It was way too dangerous. Not to mention, we were not driving on those nicely cemented ground fyi. It was the kinda normal roads you get in Singapore. Imagine how painful it is when you skid and fall. And, we were already feeling the pain when we were driving. Because we were going really fast and we were close to the ground, stones would fly into our legs and face, and a couple of times, it went into my eyes, despite me wearing sunglasses.
But after a lap or 2, I got used to the stone-rain and the speed, and I went faster and faster. Overall, really really fun. Would like to try again. =) Those pics above were taken by our taxi driver. Nice man he is. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment