Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gimme a doughnut! Gimme a break!

I've been shopping a lot lately. CM was like,"Exams coming still got mood to shop?" Eh well... you'll always have the mood when you don't think about it.


I've decided on how I'm going to celebrate my 21st birthday this year already. And that's to go on a 4D3N cruise to Phuket/Langkawi onboard SuperStar Virgo, balcony class. Yes, I only want balcony class. That's gonna cost me a whopping $777 (promotional price) inclusive of fuel surcharge and travel insurance. I've been trying very hard to find ways to earn that money I want so badly. One of which, is of course, to find another part-time job.


Kh and I just went for a job interview for the "Singapore Ambassadors" position. Or so they call it. Apparently, Changi Airport has imposed a new regulation which requires all travellers to use ziplock bags to store their toiletries. Our job is to go around telling travellers about the new regulation, and give free ziplock bags to those who need it. If I get through the interview (changi airport stage), I'd have to start work on 8th May, and that's gonna be a bit of a problem because I still have an exam on 10th May. Oh well, I'll just see how it goes.


Later on, we went to Vivocity again to get that bag I had been eyeing on. We noticed that there were so many people eating Ben and Jerry's icecream! It was then that I realised that it's Ben and Jerry's free icecream day today! We went to join the queue as it wasn't very long. I got myself a chocolate fudge brownie cone, and frankly speaking, it didn't taste as good as usual. The brownie tasted like caramel for goodness sake! It wasn't even spongy. It was sticky and chewy! Okay I'm not going to be picky about that now cuz it's free anyway. Speaking of free stuff, I hate that ugly singaporean attitude I saw there. People were throwing unfinished icecream cones into the bins, and some went on to join the queue seconds after they just got their icecream. Tsk.


After that, we decided to try Vinco doughnuts to see what's all the fuss about. We ordered Royal Cheese and Chocolate Cinnamon. Sorry to say, it sucks! It doesn't worth its $1.20. I honestly think I can make better doughnuts than them. I thought okay maybe their doughnut are made of some kinda heavenly flour. But no. The doughnut base itself sucks! Please, can someone explain to me why people would queue hours and hours for boxes of doughnuts that suck? And they're willing to pay so much for it? Kh's sis had said that one doughnut is not enough. After eating, we understood why. It's not enough. We agree. Because it's so TINY! Not becuz it's nice! Please!


I've yet to try those from The Doughnut Factory, but looking at the way things are now, it's probably just a fad. Overrated, overpriced doughnuts. Gimme a break. If I wanted to eat good doughnuts, I'd go to Dunkin' Doughnuts! It's nice, and I don't even have to queue!

No comments:

Post a Comment