Sunday, July 19, 2009

My 23rd Birthday

For 1st July 2009...

I used to always say I wished I was 23. Because when you're 23, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds-working and studying. You'll be old enough to make your own decisions, yet young enough so that you don't need to worry about family responsibilities. Now that I'm finally 23, I'm thinking that I'm getting too old. My manager, Angela says,"You've no right to say that!" Lol.. hehe.

Now for my birthday surprise... hehe... MC was so overwhelmed by the birthday surprise we planned for her that she felt obligated to do the same for me.

First it was dinner at Marche.


Then it was a 5-stage game where I had to complete the tasks in each stage to obtain photos that will spell out a message.

1st stage was the Pepsi game with Jf. =.= ... She may be small but DO NOT underestimate her thumb. Took me awhile there.

2nd stage was a series of 4 photos, each containing an object. I had to match the object with the owner. Quite tricky. Only got it on 2nd try. >_<"

3rd stage was sort of like indian poker. I had to guess an object/place/food/person that is associated with each person in our group with the help of 20 yes/no questions. Only managed to guess 3/5. Received Super Pokes for the failed questions as penalty. Ouch.

4th stage was a crossword puzzle consisting of general and personal questions.

  • Place where we first met Clarence... Check.
  • Jf's fave disney movie... Check.
  • Mc's fave thing to eat every morning... Some disputes on this. Some say tau sa bao, some say it's not same, should be tau sa bun. @_@
  • Michael ______ Jackson... ??? How should I know?

KH: It's Joseph! You never read newspapers ah!
Me: I don't know what newspapers you read but we obviously read DIFFERENT newspapers!

5th stage was a tic-tac-toe game where each box consists of questions which I have to answer. Correct answers get a O. Incorrect answers get an X. Must get 2 three-in-a-rows to win. I love this game the most. Haha. Super tricky questions! You guys almost got me there. Hah.


It was a really pleasant surprise to see Amy's photo too. Thanks babe. That meant a lot. You were so far away but your presence was deeply felt. =)

I love this "Hallmark" card. lol. Every time I read it I will smile and laugh to myself. Hee. Really sweet of you guys. This birthday surprise means so much more to me than expensive presents.

I will always cherish this memory forever. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment