Friday, July 24, 2009

My 23rd Birthday (Part 2)

Boss treated me to lunch at the tim sum restaurant at Centre Stage. Wah... always walk pass want to try but never try. Now I finally got my chance.

It was my 10th day at work, so I wouldn't expect anybody to know it was my birthday. So when Angela called me to go lunch with her, I was thinking what was the occasion. You know, you don't usually lunch with bosses.

Me: So what's the occasion?
Boss: Isn't it your birthday?
Me: !! Let me go get my camera!

So there. If I hadn't asked her, I wouldn't have these photos...

As usual, she ordered A LOT. And I really mean A LOT. For all 4 of us in the T&C merchandising dept.



xiao long bao. nice!


some egg white thingy. super nice! taste like shark's fin.

spicy and sour la mian

nian gao

bamboo shoots

gui lin gao

dunno wat is this. not bad. think got a bit of tau sa inside.


woohoo! $50 Marina Square voucher.

Later on, when I returned to office, I got a few birthday wishes from colleagues in other dept. Like woah, how did they know? And also a birthday card from John Little, signed off by the HR manager and my manager, Angela. Mum says,"Wah your staff welfare not bad ah?" Hehe.


After work, Kh brought me to this French restaurant at Berjaya Hotel. Think it's somewhere near Duxton Road?? The food is not bad but wayy too pricey.



French bread with olive oil and olives! We so DID NOT eat the olives.


My very tiny piece of grilled salmon with leek and potatoes in parsley sauce.

Think it's $32++.

The salmon is so-so. But very fresh. And I must say that leek never tasted this good.


Kh's tiny piece of beef tenderloin. Fresh and juicy. Think it's $38++.

We would've liked it better if the portion was bigger. Wasn't very filling. Went to Maxwell to share a bowl of fish porridge after that. =.= But overall, good place, good ambience, good service. The waiters are very knowledgeable. They definitely know their wine, their beef, and their Frenchy ingredients. But this is definitely not for the budget-conscious.


Dinner at Dragon Phoenix restaurant the following weekend with my family.

The food is okay. Certain dishes quite nice. But the service needs to be improved not because they serve too slow, but because they served TOO FAST (hence I did not manage to take photos). Hmm.. felt like we were being chased away. $168++ for a table of 6.

Got another $150 Capitaland shopping vouchers from mum and sisters. Woah, $200 of vouchers with my soon-to-be-arrived Robinsons Group staff card? Shopping frenzy!


Just a random photo of Rachel... hehe.

And she's wearing the "Too Cool For School" overall I bought for her. Hehe. Ain't she adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment