Thursday, June 26, 2008

Updated Blog

Was feeling a bit free so I went to look at Blogger's layout functions and found a lot of changes in it since I last used it. Updated the side column. Love the new category function. Exactly what I've always wanted. Maybe I'll go back to blogging about movies? *considers*


Quite sad that some friends don't blog anymore cuz that means I've less things to read to kill boredom. =/ Maybe blogging is indeed a trend, maybe the trend has died down, maybe everyone thinks it's meaningless or a waste of time, maybe everyone's gotten too busy for things like this, I don't know, I don't care. In fact I don't even think anyone reads my blog, but I still blog for my own entertainment. Yeah man, looking back at my past memories, I like that... especially sweet memories, which is the reason for this blog anyway. It's then that I reflect on things, and also appreciate my life more. =)


Nowadays my workload isn't so heavy anymore so I could afford to spend more time with my dear camera. Hehe... xD Learnt some of the manual functions already. Shutter speed and aperture is easy. But ISO, man.. I understand the technical aspects of it, but the physics behind it is killing me. Shall research more on it another day. But then, I've already booked a slot for myself at the Canon EOS free training on 4th July. Better clarify all doubts soon! Sis wedding is approaching and she's already given me a list of things she wants me to shoot. I'm one of the 2 official photographers at her wedding so I'd better do a good job!

Of cuz I could also consult my mentor Jack.

Me: that time dunno wat happen... i took photos indoors right, of ppl eating in the house all that, den alot of my photos came out very blur, like the head or the hand is blur.
Jack: shutter speed too slow
Me: that time i haven't learn abt these functions.. i used auto mode.. but no flash
Jack: ur brightness okie rite, indoor use iso 800 or 400, then aperture arnd 5.6, ur shutter speed shld be arnd 1/30, then dun breathe
Me: ... um, how u remember all these
Jack: experience haha

Speaking like a pro. Indeed. He always makes photography sound so interesting, and that has always been one of my source of motivation to learn and master it. I once said that I would slog the whole of this holiday for the camera and I would have no regrets. I still stand by what I said. I HAVE indeed slogged the whole holiday for this camera (Well, actually just the June hols, I totally slacked in May.) And I have earned myself an amount of money that is equivalent to the cost of that camera. And I have no regrets at all. Not a single bit. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment