Sunday, October 07, 2007

Backpacker's Tales: Thailand, Udon Thani (Part 2)

I created this post on 14/3/07 and blogged halfway, and now I'm finally posting it. =.= Well, yeah, this is like almost a year ago, I know. I'm slow k?

Anyways, I suddenly remembered that I have this last post left unfinished cuz I've recently booked my air tickets to bangkok and udon this december. Yep. Brings back all the fond memories. Heh. And please don't say I never jio you guys k. I remember mentioning this to almost anyone who would listen to me. And when I say it, I really mean it. Okay, so if no one wants to go with me, I'll still go. And since no one has given me any confirmation whatsoever, I seized the opportunity to get cheap tickets during the promotion period. I'll be away for 10 days again. Like last year.
Okay! Pics! Not so many pics this time as I didn't think to bring my camera along for the fishing trip!
My church planted this church in Isaan
The inside of the church. Worship session.
One family of chicken! Papa rooster, mama hen, and baby chicks! Do you ever get to see this in SG?
Our catch from the natural pond!
Ooh... Eels....
The bigger fishes. Quite nice to eat.
Very tiny crabs.

My aunt's padi field!



Okay, I'm not a geography student, and I may come across as being really stupid here, but anyways, I always wondered how natural ponds are formed. How can a pond just appear out of nowhere, in the middle of a plot of land? Strange isn't it? Ah, quick geography lesson from my aunt.

1st: During the monsoon seasons, the river will flood, and the flood will spread all over the land. Hence, fishes will go along with the flood.
2nd: Monsoon season ends, the water level goes down. Water on higher elevation clears or dries up, whereas water on the low lying areas remain flooded. As a result, some fishes are trapped in the low lying areas.
3rd: Times passes, and the fishes continue to live and breed in the muddy water.

Will show you guys how her natural pond looks like next time. It's a real natural pond. The water is very shallow only, but it's very very muddy. When you step in, it's knee-deep.
Ciaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment