I guess most of us have been to Bangkok at least once in our life. It's the usual shopping spots, MahBoonKrong, among the most commonly recommended one. Ironically, I bought nothing there. Well, there was this really pretty Guess shoulderbag that I fell in love with at first sight. Unfortunately, it was most probably a fake, and it cost a cool S$80. Until now, I'm still a little regretful for not buying it. S$80 for a fake is way too much, but it looks so real anyway, who can tell? Besides, I haven't seen such a nice one at the authentic Guess outlets. Sometimes I'll tell myself,"It's just a bag. No need to feel so emotional over it." BUT IT'S SO PRETTY!!! Ok nvm. Ignore me. =X
Me, pure wholesale and street shopping chiongster. Hah, that's why I love Platinum Plaza and Pratunam market (which is nearby). That is also why I was the one who bought the most things but spent the least. =)

I must say about 95% of the shops there sell female stuff. Kh was in an extremely bad mood cuz us ladies were spending the whole day there, and he had nothing to do except to wait for us. He did, however, bought 2 pairs of pants, and that cheered him up a little.
We bought so much stuff, that I had to buy a cheap plastic luggage bag to hold all our stuff. My 2 little cousins would help us drag it around while we shopped as it was too heavy (even for us) to carry.
As for accomodation, we stayed at a budget (Lonely Planet classifies it as Midrange. To them Budget less than 500B) hotel, Wataniya Mansion, at 600B per room per night. 3 of us would share 1 room, so that's about S$9 per person per night. It's a small apartment building behind the Poseidon Hotel. Quite accessible to major shopping centers.
Here's a picture of the hotel I'd like to stay at one day:

No comments:
Post a Comment