Banana cake. Made with real bananas! Everyone says it's delicious though Kh's dad reckons it could be a little sweeter.

Coffee chocolates! Yup I made them myself. Easy peasy. I just mixed some melted Hersheys chocolate bars with coffee powder and double cream, and you have this new chocolate flavour! =) Taste great but they're quite costly to make.

Chocolate chip cookies. They're very burnt! I've baked these cookies for Christmas and Teachers' Day, and many other times for fun, so don't tell me I've no experience (you know who you are). As it turned out, the saleswoman was right. This oven is a lot more powerful than normal convectional ovens. I baked 4 batches of cookies. About half of them were badly burnt. After each burnt batch, I would lower the temperature by 10 degrees and the timing by several minutes. Still, it wasn't enough to keep the cookies from getting burnt. I guess I still need more time to test the temperatures for this oven. Well, it can state 180 degrees over there but it's probably operating at 200+ degrees. (Bottom pic: the less burnt ones =( ...)
Before
After

No comments:
Post a Comment