Saturday, January 06, 2007

Welcome Yr 2007

Happy belated New Year to everyone. -_-" Yeah I know its kinda late and nobody's in the festive mood anymore. Talk about school and work and bye bye to long breaks and leaves. Bleah.

Anyway, I never have a habit of setting new year resolutions, but I'm pretty determine to do so this year. I mean who actually sets new year resolutions? It's so lame. Like what Ann Kok said in 8days, if you want to do something, you don't need to wait for a new year to do it. Yes, BUT!!! What if you're one of those who procrastinates? Like me!!! Things never get done. Goals are never fulfilled. You wait one year after another and it never ends. Therefore, New Years are good times to be setting some goals. And obviously, my #1 New Year resolution this year would be.....



1. STOP PROCRASTINATING!


By this, I also mean that I should prioritise my time a bit. At least, try to sort my time out according to the 4-quadrants thingy. You know, the Important-Urgent, Important-Not Urgent, Not Important-Urgent, Not Important-Not Urgent thing. I remember Mdm Sadiaah, my econs teacher once said that I belong to the 2nd quadrant--the Important-Not Urgent one, indicating that I should buck up for my econs before it's too late, and maybe start by doing some tutorials. T__T

Speaking of which, Amy said she would check on me regularly to see how I'm progressing (slacking or not). LOL. (Really appreciate that. Thanks.) Yes, I need someone to pressurise me once in awhile to kick me back into the harsh reality. LL also said she would study with me during the examination period (I hold your word for that arh. See, I'm even posting it here. No pang seh hor. =X). I honestly hope that I'll become somewhat hardworking for once. Not exactly giving up my interest in computer gaming and tv shows, but at least, less a slacker.


After 6mths and 2 weeks at StarHub, I've learnt another reason why people should set new year resolutions. See, my ex-colleague Alex, sets silly resolutions like "No Beef for a year". And he wouldn't eat anything that's beef during lunch. Well, it's not like he can't eat beef or he doesn't like it. It's just sorta a challenge to him, to try something new or see if he can fulfil it. Hence, I shall set myself a little challenge this year.


2. EXERCISE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK


If you think that's nothing, it sounds crazy to me already. It's not just a challenge. It's a HUGE challenge. By exercising, I no longer mean 30 sit-ups or skip 100 times. It has to be something more vigorous, say, rollerblade/cycle/jog/swim for 2 hours. I'm sure Kh would agree to the "rollerblade" part. He has this recent fetish with rollerblading. Keeps bugging me to go rollerblading with him despite my complaints on how much my ankles hurt. Hey, he even went rollerblading on Christmas Day! Who does that?! It's getting out of hand I tell ya.

Anyway, this is something I'd really really like to fulfil. It's also an excuse to get rid of the couch potato in me. I used to look at those men and women with 6-pack and bulging biceps running 10km along ECP and say,"Poor thing. Why push yourself so hard when you can sit at home and pig out?" Don't get me wrong. I still stand by this philosophy. Except that I'm feeling a little unhealthy right now. I will do some exercise, but I'll never run a marathon or anything close to that. It's just crazy. Why would you want to do something that makes your heart beat like crazy, makes you breathless, and makes your face turn purple? I honestly find my life more meaningful without it. =/


3. SPEND LESS SAVE MORE


I've been spending far too much last year, especially during the Nov/Dec holidays. It's time to start saving. That means less movies, fine dining and cab rides. T__T I will not give up my movie-going hobby, but I'll maybe tone that down a little. JF though an ardent fan of my movie blog, kept complaining to me that I watch far too many movies. LOL. Yes, 2007 movie blog will be a lot shorter. You'll see.

Also, my goal for the next 5 years is to visit Nepal, Vietnam and Japan. Really MUST save!!! A LOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment