My mind tends to be sooo active during the night, I think I'm turning into a nocturnal being (or am I already one?). I was thinking about what to blog (too lazy to work on the Thailand one, but I will soon), and here are some reminiscences of the past year.
2006 wasn't a very good year for me. I've developed a slight phobia of driving and adopting animals. I will still attempt to drive as that's my Dad's wish, but I don't think I'll ever want to have a pet again. The news of its death is too painful for me to take. Like what Kh said,"Hamster nia you already cry until like that. Imagine if it's a dog." Gosh. Imagine NOT.
Speaking of which, Kh asked me a weird question the other day. "If you have all the money in the world, and no trade limitations or restrictions, what animal would you want to keep as a pet?" I was like,"Dog?" "Huh! Dog? No limitations and restrictions leh. And money is not a problem," he persisted. "Ya dog. Why would I wanna keep anything else?" Well, I think adopting a flamingo or a white bengal tiger would be nice, but com'on. At the end of the day, it's a dog you actually play with. Duh.
There were also indepth conversations I had with some people that I wanted to forget. Somehow, my innocent questions tend to open a can of worms, and with the details so intricate, it was hard to forget. I never thought I was this naive until now. The world doesn't seem so pretty anymore. I hope I've not become more cynical. =X Sometimes ignorance is really bliss.
Apart from all that, there were really fun moments too. Really enjoyed myself at the zoo with the usual gang. We said goodbye to Inuka for the last time. We laughed at the baboons for behaving so much like humans. We saw 2 monkeys mating. We had a close encounter with a kangaroo, and we had Ben and Jerry's ice-cream! Too bad I had to rush off for tuition. Wish we'd stayed longer. Wait, was that in 2007? Woah, time flies so quickly, I can't even keep up.
Eh, can't really remember fun moments in 2006. I guess there were not many. Some were probably the driving lessons (Uncle Alan is hilarious) and the hamsters (they were soo cute). But they were all crushed so unexpectedly. Silently, I wish I could revive those moments again.
Oh yes. My job at StarHub. I had a lot of fun chatting with friends online during work (eating snakes), via email, MSN, and YM. I love the extended-lunch-time shopping and the slack-time in the pantry. I love opening all the mails which aren't my bills, exploring the office, organising my desk in my own little way, and the strategic location of my cubicle (can slack without getting caught). I also had my first real encounter with office politics. Previously, at Robinsons, it wasn't exactly in the "office" setting, but it was nonetheless similar. Woah, you just see people, aunties and sorts backstabbing each other. Playing nice one moment and spitting at your back the next. It's a war out there!
On my first day at work, colleagues would ask my fellow temp staff during lunch time,"Eh, she OK or not?" Then she would look at me and say,"Yaya, she ok one." And the next thing you know, while still clueless, you're let into the deepest and darkest secret of the department. Or should I say, a "brief introduction" to the history of StarHub.
I think 2006 was also the year when I went to MOS for the first time. I don't club but I was there to help a friend out, and maybe see what's all the fuss about clubbing. All sounds silly and boring to me la. I would rather be at home watching DVDs man. To add on, that night out was costly, and they served gin tonic which was the most horrible thing I've ever drank in my life. Zzz. Orange juice please?
I also went KBox with Ful, LL, and Kh. It was a new experience as I've never been to, and never wanted to go KBox before. I was happily fishing out the better peanuts from the bowl and sometimes sabotaging those 3 with exotic song picks, while they were all busy singing. We went to play pool after that. It was only then that I found out that Kh is acutally quite pro at pool. And it's not just Yahoo Pool. It's the real thing! Woah.
The best experience in 2006 is of course my trip to Thailand! Yes, I shall blog about Part 2 and Part 3 soon, when my school and tuition timetable is more stable.
Here, I've been wanting to tell everyone about 2 amusing incidents I encountered in 2006. Finally found a "slot" for it, as Maplers would put it.
Incident #1:
I saw 2 monks in a LAN shop playing DOTA!!! Yes, they were in that yellowish-brown robe, botak and all, and playing games!! We assumed it's DOTA and they were gaming because everyone there was doing that, and they can't possibly be surfing guanyinma.com right? If you know what I mean. It's a LAN shop for goodness sakes!
Incident #2:
I saw a muslim woman, tudung and all, secretly eating Old Chang Kee curry puff on the bus during Puasa before sunset! Tsk Tsk. Kh and I were like,"Orh-hor, tou chi!!!" -_-" It was funny though.
I hope 2007 will be an exciting, and fulfilling year. =)
2006 wasn't a very good year for me. I've developed a slight phobia of driving and adopting animals. I will still attempt to drive as that's my Dad's wish, but I don't think I'll ever want to have a pet again. The news of its death is too painful for me to take. Like what Kh said,"Hamster nia you already cry until like that. Imagine if it's a dog." Gosh. Imagine NOT.
Speaking of which, Kh asked me a weird question the other day. "If you have all the money in the world, and no trade limitations or restrictions, what animal would you want to keep as a pet?" I was like,"Dog?" "Huh! Dog? No limitations and restrictions leh. And money is not a problem," he persisted. "Ya dog. Why would I wanna keep anything else?" Well, I think adopting a flamingo or a white bengal tiger would be nice, but com'on. At the end of the day, it's a dog you actually play with. Duh.
There were also indepth conversations I had with some people that I wanted to forget. Somehow, my innocent questions tend to open a can of worms, and with the details so intricate, it was hard to forget. I never thought I was this naive until now. The world doesn't seem so pretty anymore. I hope I've not become more cynical. =X Sometimes ignorance is really bliss.
Apart from all that, there were really fun moments too. Really enjoyed myself at the zoo with the usual gang. We said goodbye to Inuka for the last time. We laughed at the baboons for behaving so much like humans. We saw 2 monkeys mating. We had a close encounter with a kangaroo, and we had Ben and Jerry's ice-cream! Too bad I had to rush off for tuition. Wish we'd stayed longer. Wait, was that in 2007? Woah, time flies so quickly, I can't even keep up.
Eh, can't really remember fun moments in 2006. I guess there were not many. Some were probably the driving lessons (Uncle Alan is hilarious) and the hamsters (they were soo cute). But they were all crushed so unexpectedly. Silently, I wish I could revive those moments again.
Oh yes. My job at StarHub. I had a lot of fun chatting with friends online during work (eating snakes), via email, MSN, and YM. I love the extended-lunch-time shopping and the slack-time in the pantry. I love opening all the mails which aren't my bills, exploring the office, organising my desk in my own little way, and the strategic location of my cubicle (can slack without getting caught). I also had my first real encounter with office politics. Previously, at Robinsons, it wasn't exactly in the "office" setting, but it was nonetheless similar. Woah, you just see people, aunties and sorts backstabbing each other. Playing nice one moment and spitting at your back the next. It's a war out there!
On my first day at work, colleagues would ask my fellow temp staff during lunch time,"Eh, she OK or not?" Then she would look at me and say,"Yaya, she ok one." And the next thing you know, while still clueless, you're let into the deepest and darkest secret of the department. Or should I say, a "brief introduction" to the history of StarHub.
I think 2006 was also the year when I went to MOS for the first time. I don't club but I was there to help a friend out, and maybe see what's all the fuss about clubbing. All sounds silly and boring to me la. I would rather be at home watching DVDs man. To add on, that night out was costly, and they served gin tonic which was the most horrible thing I've ever drank in my life. Zzz. Orange juice please?
I also went KBox with Ful, LL, and Kh. It was a new experience as I've never been to, and never wanted to go KBox before. I was happily fishing out the better peanuts from the bowl and sometimes sabotaging those 3 with exotic song picks, while they were all busy singing. We went to play pool after that. It was only then that I found out that Kh is acutally quite pro at pool. And it's not just Yahoo Pool. It's the real thing! Woah.
The best experience in 2006 is of course my trip to Thailand! Yes, I shall blog about Part 2 and Part 3 soon, when my school and tuition timetable is more stable.
Here, I've been wanting to tell everyone about 2 amusing incidents I encountered in 2006. Finally found a "slot" for it, as Maplers would put it.
Incident #1:
I saw 2 monks in a LAN shop playing DOTA!!! Yes, they were in that yellowish-brown robe, botak and all, and playing games!! We assumed it's DOTA and they were gaming because everyone there was doing that, and they can't possibly be surfing guanyinma.com right? If you know what I mean. It's a LAN shop for goodness sakes!
Incident #2:
I saw a muslim woman, tudung and all, secretly eating Old Chang Kee curry puff on the bus during Puasa before sunset! Tsk Tsk. Kh and I were like,"Orh-hor, tou chi!!!" -_-" It was funny though.
I hope 2007 will be an exciting, and fulfilling year. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment