Reign of Assassins
Watched this movie at GV Vivocity and there was what seemed like a 3-min delay in screening. During that time, all of us were sitting there waiting patiently in total darkness. The great thing about it is, we were all given complimentary movie passes by GV management as a form of apology. And that's good because, I didn't think it was worth it to pay $7 to watch this movie at all. All I can say is, this movie is very average by standard. There was nothing particularly appealing about it. I probably wouldn't even watch it if it's free. Time is precious!
2.5 stars

Buried
I think most of us in the audience thought there was a technical fault at the beginning of the screening. Apparently, this is how the movie starts- in total darkness. After that, you start hearing some heavy breathing. And then you see a dim light which goes on and off. And it practically stays like that for the rest of the movie. I couldn't believe how budget this is. I thought they would at least do some flashbacks to show what happen etc. Coincidentally, about a week before watching this, I was watching an old episode of CSI where one of the leads was kidnapped and buried alive 6 feet underground in a glass coffin, and I have to say it was one of the best episodes of CSI. This movie here could have turned out much better. I think one person said it best,"This movie has no head and no tail."
2 stars
Legend of the Fist: Chen ZhenWhat a disappointment. I know now not to trust that every Donnie Yen movie is a good one. I was told that this is a true story. But looking at the way the story played out, I wasn't sure how much of it is actually true. Lousy script aside, too much of the action looks too similar to that in Ip Man. And in a few scenes, Donnie Yen actually made that Bruce Lee trademark shriek. I was shivering in disgust. Ew. More originality please.
2 stars

No comments:
Post a Comment