With so much hype going on about it, I really thought this is a must-watch blockbuster. GV even postponed the release date for a Piranha movie event. Clarence is right. This is a B-flick after all. In fact, I would classify this as "Gore" more than "Thriller". Thrillers generally focus on plot and suspense. This, more gore than anything. What you'll see is people screaming in half-skeletal bodies, bodies getting split in half, etc. It reminded me too much of Final Destination. At the very least, Kh, Yt and I agreed that its plot is better than FD. It is more realistic in a sense. Piranhas, as we all know it, do chew on human flesh. However, if this were to happen in real life, surely we won't find people screaming as they did. Most people will generally faint from the shock before they can even scream. Some shark attack survivors also claim that they don't feel any pain at all when their limbs are bitten off because the body goes into such state of shock that it doesn't know how to react anymore. Oh well, I can't say I didn't enjoy all that drama though.
3.5 stars

No comments:
Post a Comment