Tuesday, August 10, 2010

China Open Jaw Flight Tickets Booked!

I was having a hard time deciding how I want to do my China trip. As it is, single trip tickets to China cost almost as much as round trip tickets. We are going to several destinations so flying by either single trip or round trip seems rather impractical. 

I was trying to come up with a most cost-effective way to fly, then I came across something called "Open Jaw" flights. How it works is that you book a ticket from home to your starting destination, and another from your ending destination to home. It's great for backpackers, and travellers who intend to visit multiple destinations in a single trip. That way you get to make your own arrangements in the middle.

A typical round trip ticket from Singapore to Shanghai/Beijing would cost $500+.  
A typical single trip ticket from Singapore to Shanghai/Beijing would cost $400+ ~ $500+.  

With an open jaw flight, I booked 2 "single trip" tickets for $566.65. Last week, when I checked it was $586. I'm not sure if the price will drop any further, but I know I don't wanna miss this. 




So there. I've booked the flights- hassle free from Zuji. Also applied for 11 days leave-and got it approved by my bosses- for our 17 days trip. 

Exactly 4 more months to go. 
Beijing. Shanghai. Suzhou. Hangzhou. Xian. Tianjin
 White Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment