I driving along PIE near Toa Payoh and the traffic was quite heavy at some parts. I was at Lane 1, and the traffic before me was not moving so I slowly braked the car to a halt, like what Uncle Alan had taught me. But then the woman behind was obviously not taught by Uncle Alan. =.= Saw her car in the rear mirror coming very fast from behind, and I was thinking, if she doesn't jam brake she's gonna hit me. And sure she did. zz

The boot can't even close and the reverse sensor popped out. =.=
Thankfully nobody was hurt and that woman was very nice. She had to fork out $2,500 for our repairs even after insurance claims. She kept apologising to dad over the phone and dad told her not to worry because it's an accident and that she didn't mean for it to happen either. I'm also glad my parents didn't scold me. They said safe can already.
Mum said that morning, God spoke to her via Psalm 50:15. It says,"and call upon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you, and you will honor me." And she had this disturbing feeling like something bad is gonna happen. And she prayed for the whole family about everything but somehow forgot to pray for protection of family possessions. >_<
So when that accident happened, this guy from the tow company was driving by and witnessed the accident. He immediately stopped at the road shoulder next to 4th lane, and cross over to where I was at 1st lane to help us! Jaywalking on expressway! Woah. He was really kind. He told us exactly what we needed to do and how to settle the damage and everything. Then I called mum, and she was like,"Why like that?!!" And seriously I just didn't know how to tell her because that lady was standing near me and I couldn't possibly just say her like that right. Thankfully, that guy Alex helped me speak to my mum and he told her he saw it all happen and I was at no fault at all. That was like a huge relief. So in case that lady runs away or shifts blame or what, at least I still have an eye witness. haha. Mum says God has sent me an angel!
Mum told me that I was even more calm than she was when she meets an accident. She'd get worried and panicky and all, but dad always say that there is no need to worry, as long as safe can already. =)
It looks like it's that van on fire I saw at PIE the last time. But it's not. As shown here.
Then I followed my parents to IDAC today to report the case. Saw many cars there that were severely damaged (as in beyond repairs). Like this one:

It looks like it's that van on fire I saw at PIE the last time. But it's not. As shown here.
I thank God for the kind helper and a nice lady who is willing to take responsibility for the whole matter. And also for understanding parents. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment