I can't be more thankful for what I saw on my RMIT results page this morning. For weeks after my last paper, there were times when I couldn't sleep just thinking about how my results would turn out. My last paper did not go too well and I was filled with extreme remorse and regret for not studying harder for it. Somehow during this time, many people keep asking me when I'm going to graduate. I didn't know whether to say June '09 or Dec '09. Graduating in Dec '09 really sucks because then you'll have to wait until August the following year to get your cert.
Deep inside me, I said a silent prayer for God's will to be done. It didn't matter if I passed or failed because I know that although my earthly wisdom may not understand it now, everything will turn out to be for my own good. It's like how I'm thankful to be in SIM because I don't think I could be where I am today, working part-time, studying the way I want to, and fulfilling my dreams if I had gone to NUS or SMU.
Whenever I recount my blessings to mum, she'd always say,"Don't forget to thank God." Sometimes I think she's being so naggy. But today, I fully understand the depth of her words because this has never been so real to me.
Perhaps God heard my little cries about my financial burdens too, because Dad just gave me a million dong to spend in Vietnam, even taking the trouble to exchange dollars to dong first so there was no way I could refuse it. I have been really broke after buying my camera, and I wasn't sure how I could pay for my upcoming Vietnam trip with the heavy burden of paying for my own school fees (all $36,000 of it) weighing on my shoulders as each new semester approaches. I'd like to be really tough and independent and all, but sometimes I gotta admit, I can't do this alone without letting others help me.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment