Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Back!

During our last few days at Vietnam, I was thinking that it is time to come home because I was tired of being away from home for so long. But then as I touched home ground, I kinda missed Vietnam. I missed the good and the bad, the weather, the food, the scenary... Met lotsa nice people along the way. Not only the Vietnamese but fellow backpackers from Australia, Germany, Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden, Canada, France and of course, Singapore. I've learnt so much on this trip. Not just about Vietnam, but about people from other nationalities as well, as we share our experiences and talk about issues our world is facing today.

So much has changed since I was away. Mum bought a PDA, Gerrie upgraded her handphone to a Samsung F480 (the same as mine, much to my annoyance), Dad went on a diet and lost a cool 6kg! He also bought a guitar!

It feels kinda weird being back home again because I was getting so used to life in Vietnam. Used to eating Pho everyday. Used to people shouting at me, going, "Oei! Buy from me!" Used to the littering (oops!) on the filthy streets as there were no rubbish bins. Used to crossing the crazy traffic and to expect the unexpected. I got a cultural shock when I got there, and I got a cultural shock when I got back. It's like I'm not even the same person anymore.

I came home, did my laundry, and then I had to go out again for my church's annual candlelight service. I especially arranged my trip to end on 23rd Dec so I could come home for Christmas as I've missed Christmas in Singapore for the past 2 years. It's interesting to note that most of the travellers I met along the way were doing the trip in order to avoid Christmas at home.


Carolling with candlelight




Then GC called Kh using CY's phone asking us to come to the Christmas party at Settlers. We still don't understand why he can't use his own phone. So anyways, he said something really neat so I'm gonna "jot" it down here.

GC: Come down tomorrow.
Me: Huh?
GC: 不要Huh, 我请你喝茶, 我买了礼物, 要不要拿?

I have a feeling he'd got this script prepared...

Stay tuned for updates on my Vietnam trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment