Monday, July 21, 2008

Sis's Wedding Dinner + More Fun

Went to Segamat last weekend for part 2 of sis's wedding: the wedding dinner. Actually her wedding dinner buffet at church last week was already very grand but Jeremy was born in Malaysia so they decided to hold another one there for his relatives.


We headed off for Segamat at about 7+ am. I took 6th uncle's car and he let me drive his Toyota Picnic for about half the journey. Was a bit nervous at first. Ya know it's a big car and it's my first time driving such a big car and I really can't afford to lay a scratch on it. Went up to about 140km/h and yet I couldn't feel the speed as the car was so stable. I had to keep looking at the speedometer to make sure I wasn't going too fast.

Halfway through the journey, a lorry's rear tire exploded when I was driving next to it! The tire burst into pieces and a few pieces bounced off my windscreen. I was so shock but thankfully I didn't panic.

Took some pics on the way... yeah man. Even when the car is going at 130km/h, and when my uncle drives, it's 150km/h. Took these at shutter speed 1/640. Love my camera. Hee.



The journey was a bit long. We were all going to fall asleep when my thai aunt was like,"shan1 zhu1! shan zhu!" Then we all jumped up and kept looking around for a wild boar. We were like,"Where, where?!" And she pointed to this rambutan stall behind. And we were like,"CHEY.... That is shan1 zhu2. A lot of diff man!"


A roadside durian stall. Just the other day, I saw a banner outside my school advertising for a 1 day durian tour to Segamat for $60. I thought to myself,"Hey I'm going there tomorrow!" If anybody doesn't know yet, Segamat is famous for its durians. And I'm not exaggerating at all when I say this--I could smell durian as soon as I got off the car. It's everywhere!



We arrived at Segamat at 10-ish and checked into the Golden Lake Hotel. Jeremy's parents sponsored our hotel stay. It wasn't a fancy hotel, but I guess it's the best you could get in that small town, where all the other hotels seem even more run down. Our rooms were huge! My uncle even got a deluxe suite with 2 queen size beds! And we had connecting rooms!


my room... heh..


After a good rest, we headed to Sis's wedding dinner at a restaurant not far away. She was quite unhappy. The bridal shop people took 3 hours to get her makeup done, it wasn't very well done (it made her look so old), and it nearly caused her to be late for her own wedding dinner. I felt bad for her also. Makeup badly done + almost late for dinner + tacky malaysian styling. I would be mad too if I were her.

Well, at least she still looks like a bride.



The 8-course dinner was also a little disappointing. The food is not lousy. It's just not up to wedding banquet standard.



The next day, my 6th uncle took us to the Go Kart circuit on the way back. Unfortunately it shifted! We took about an hour to find the new location which was in the MIDDLE of a palm tree plantation. No kidding. It was the longest ride ever.

Saw some cows...


Long and bumpy journey down the narrow rocky path. Imagine 3.5km on it. Bleah...



Newly built...

This is definitely not as fast as the Langkawi one. I think max 60km/h only.


Then we went to some ulu seafood place in some aboriginal territory.


Man... 6th uncle ordered so much food...


I think singapore's seafood is still the best leh. Don't know why some singaporeans like to travel so far out to eat the seafood here. No doubt it's cheap but I think people tend to forget about the petrol costs.

Overall, a very fun trip. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment