There's so much on my mind I wanna blog about but so lazy. I've so many other better stuff I would rather do now. Anyway, Settlers @ Katong will be opened till 6am every friday and saturday for the whole of december. All of us will be staying over at the cafe for lotsa lotsa fun and games! Oh and definitely not forgetting that Mohan will be bringing his brand new Nintendo Wii and Super Mario Party gamepack! So so so looking forward to it! There's nothing I wanna play more than super mario party games now! =D=D=D
Unfortunately, for a moment I had forgotten that mohan will be bringing his wii so I told CY that I'm willing to do the graveyard shift. Sheesh. Hope there will be no customers so I can play all night. =x
Anyway, here's a thought:
TOP 10 countries I have not visited and want to visit:
1) JAPAN!!!
For the FOOD, the beautiful scenery, the weather, the people, the culture, the merchandise, the language, the tv shows... everything about it.
2) Maldives
Love the ocean, the clean sandy beaches, the kampong style resorts. My #1 honeymoon destination.
3) Nepal
If I can't climb Mt Everest, I'd at least like to see it with my own eyes. Would love to trek along the Himalayas, stand in awe at the sight of the majestic mountains. Take some really nice pictures, experience their culture and lifestyle.
4) Vietnam
The very first country I would go backpacking to. A must-go destination for avid backpackers. Rich in history and culture. Backpacking friendly--cheap accomodation, transport, food, etc. Most places accept US currency and many people speak english. Not forgetting the beautiful scenery as well. Great place for photo-taking!
5) France
Best proprosal spot: At the top of Eiffel Tower at sunset during autumn with a large bouquet of red roses and diamond ring. Love the BREAD. Pastries... ooh I love pastries. The food, the architecture, the language.
6) Switzerland
I like how it is being compared to singapore. A multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual society. The Swiss Alps!
7) Israel
To visit the birthplace of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! To see all the places He went and to remember His works. To gain a better understanding of the bible through these experiences.
8) The U.S.A
The Big Apple for the statue of liberty, the Niagara Falls, and Times Square! L.A. for all the hollywood stuff and beaches! Texas for the ranch style ribs, the violin-playing cowboys, country music. Arizona for the Grand Canyon.
9) Eastern Australia (well that's not actually a country but I have gone to western Aus, hence to be more specific)
For the Great Barrier Reef, the 12 apostles, and I wanna see some WHALES!
10) South Africa
For the wildlife! Loves giraffes. ^__^
TOP 10 Favourite Food:
1) Pizza Hut's Spicy Drumlets
2) Smoked Salmon Cream Pasta
3) Salmon Sashimi
4) Quiche Lorraine
5) Aunt's Thai Laksa
6) BBQ Unagi
7) Shark's Fin Soup
8) Coca Steamboat Restaurant Thai Chilli Sauce (@ Taka concourse)
9) Fish & Co's Seafood Platter for 1
10) Kenny Roger's Roast chicken + Garden Pasta
TOP 10 favourite hawker food:
As you all know, I live in the joochiat/geylang area. Tons of good food. Believe me.
1) Indian rice @ Carpmael Road
Go to Muthu's for the fish head curry, Banana Leaf as a equally good and cheaper alternative, but the masala chicken here wins hands-down. No doubt abt it.
2) Braised Duck Rice @ Haig Road (Hollywood coffee shop)
#1 in Singapore IMO. Served with a generous portion of yam rice and thinly sliced non-fatty tender duck meat, topped with a scoop of their special gravy that adds flavour to the rice and makes it less dry. Also served with a special dark-coloured duck soup and really spicy chilli. Everything complements each other so well. 10/10. Usually sold out by 6plus in the evening so must go early if you want to buy it for dinner.
3) Sri Lankan Chilli/Black Pepper Crab (corner coffee shop @ upper thomson near Casaurina)
The sri lankan crabs served here are the largest I have seen so far. The taste? Above average for sure.
4) Meehoon Goreng (1st row, middle indian stall @ Haig Road Hawker Centre)
Fried to perfection. Ingredients: Indian red sauce, egg, potato, lettuce, minced mutton (tastes like beef actually).
5) Raw fish porridge (Alexander Hawker Centre)
I suppose not many people know about this stall, but I can assure you it's WAY better than Maxwell's which has crazy long queues. Both the porridge, and the raw fish is better. Have been eating this since young.
6) Fried Bee Hoon (some ulu coffee shop at Sembawang)
Also a childhood favourite. The bee hoon is very fine. As fine as the meehoon goreng's as mentioned above. The sambal belachan is simply the best. Unfortunately, it moved to another place many years ago and I'm still trying to track it down.
7) Bak Kut Teh (123 JB Bak Kut Teh @ Joo Chiat Road)
Reasonable portions and very affordable. The meat is good. Soup is dark in colour and does not have a very strong herbal tea taste. Only just right. The mei cai is #1! Unfortunately, for some reason, it closed down shortly after its opening. Kh and I are very upset about it.
8) Half-Boiled Eggs (Ya Kun Kaya Toast)
Copy their toast and tea, whatever, but there's no where else that makes better half-boiled eggs. Period.
9) Chilli Thick Bee Hoon (Hawker centre opp Goldenmile)
Tau Gay, Tau Pok, Fishcake, Pork meat, Prawns, Shallots, topped with the famous chilli sauce that has come a long way in history. That's the only thing I'll eat when I drop by the Lavender area. =)
10) Fish Bee Hoon Soup (location:???)
You gotta eat it to believe it. I've never actually followed my family to this mysterious place to eat this, but I get to eat it pretty often as dad always tar pau for me. He describes it as a place with a carlift. Hmm... I wonder.
As you probably know by now, food and travelling is all I can talk about. =x
Will dedicate another section to my #1 favourite type of food: PASTA
TOP 10 favourite pasta:
1) Smoked Salmon Cream Linguini (Coffee Club. still searching for an even better one)
2) Chicken Mushroom Cream Fusilli (Coffee Bean. didn't think it was that gd the 1st time but somehow found it rather addictive)
3) Roast Chicken Aglio Olio (Cafe Cartel. Old favourite. Cheap and good.)
4) Aglio Olio (Spageddies. Their tomato spag is bad though.)
5) Salmon Spaghetti (Marche. It was a one-time thing as it's not always available. Nevertheless, very memorable.)
6) Mushroom Spaghetti (Sketches Wine and Bar. I like it that they put wine in their spag.)
7) Crayfish tomato spaghetti (Swensens. It's the crayfish la.)
8) Plain Tomato Spaghetti (Settlers. The sauce itself is enough.)
9) Spicy Chicken Tomato Spaghetti (Astons. Spicy indeed.)
10) Chicken Bolognaise (Pasta Mania. Tried so many different pastas there. The basic is still their best. The rest quite disappointing. Always regret eating them.)
p/s: I really really liked Mcdonald's spaghetti though most ppl hate it. So sad that it's no longer available. =(
pp/s: Notice that the $40+ per plate pasta I had at a high class authentic Italian restaurant onboard the cruise did not even make it to the list! Well, probably first on the 'worst' list though. =x
No comments:
Post a Comment