I never thought I'll say this, but I got drunk last night...
Went to Ful's 21st birthday party at Aranda country club. It was a fun and enjoyable night. I mean, Kh and I were among the few people who stayed sober for the first few hours of the party. We taught 2 of Ful's "miscellaneous" friends (like ourselves) how to play bridge, and we were sitting there playing bridge until about midnight when those 2 guys had to go home.
Then trouble began. 2 of Ful's friends who were sick of the drinking game outside came in and join us for dai dee. Then someone suggested that we still had a lot of vodka left over, so why not just make the loser drink as a forfeit. You know, I still remember protesting,"I prefer to stay sober. It's more fun this way."
I don't know how it all happened. I won a few times in a row and everyone was pretty impressed at how good my cards were. Then bad luck started to hit me. I had very lousy cards for a few rounds. So lousy that I can't even form any 5-card combination of any sort. Only had 2 pairs, and the rest were really lousy cards. Ended up losing 7 times and had to drink 7 half-cups of vodka consecutively.
It was pear flavoured Absolut Vodka mixed with a bit of green tea. Tasted like medicine seriously. Then someone suggested,"Gulp it down!" And I thought it was not a bad idea so I gulped all 7 cups down cuz it tasted better that way. Mind you I was still pretty sober when I was drinking those 7 cups and really never thought I'd get so drunk.
About an hour later, the effects started to kick in. It was a horrible horrible feeling. I've never been so drunk in my life. At first I was a bit giddy, then I got more and more giddy, then I started shivering very badly and I was constantly drifting in and out of consciousness. I tried very hard to stay awake by sitting up, but my whole body was so numb that I'd just fall over on the bed. Then I started puking... 7 times for the first round, and another 5 times on the second round.
For my first round of puking, Kh, being in a state of emergency, emptied someone's ziplock bag of toiletries and passed it to me. It was really disgusting cuz everyone saw how much vomit there was inside the bag. And I think I missed the bag a little bit, cuz I dirtied my tshirt a bit, and Kh later said that I had puked on his hand. =/
For the second round of puking, I was lying on the bed resting when it all suddenly came out. Threw up 5 times on the floor and also heard someone saying,"Waterfall", and another,"Merlion". Again Kh had to clean up after me. =(
Then, I don't know what happened, I ended up on the lying on the floor for the rest of the night. Heard some people saying something about carrying me up on the bed, but I remember hearing myself mumbling that I was still feeling very nauseous and didn't want to be touched.
While in my semi-conscious state, I heard 2 guys discussing about my vomit content. I must say they're pretty accurate in their guesses (or do they really know?), and here's a bit of what I remember hearing them saying...
Guy 1: 我闻到了很多hokkien mee, 两只虾, half a slice of cake... 她还有吃两只咖哩鸡, 三个potato... 昨晚还吃sardine 配饭... 我还可以闻到六杯半的vodka... Eh... 甚下的半杯在哪里?
Guy 2: 不懂... 会不会还没有吐出来?
Me: Eh, don't say already la. I really feel like puking now. Still can feel another half cup in my stomach lor.
Them: !!!
Fyi, I did not eat sardine with rice the previous night! So that part is wrong. Haha.
Just this morning, the guys were re-enacting a scene last night...
I was staggering to the toilet mumbling,"I wanna go toilet...", then I suddenly collapsed on the floor. I believe it's true cuz I can see a big bruise on my knee right now. =/
Like I said, I was drifting in and out of consciousness, so I only know about 50% of the things I did. It was pretty funny to hear people describing their experience with my drunken self. As Guy 1 concludes (sorry don't know his name?),"It was nice meeting you though it's a pretty bad first impression." Lol.
Ah well. It'll never happen again. I'm sure. I won't allow it.
Anyway, Ful, thanks for the party and sorry for the mess. =( And yes, I'm feeling a lot better already, though still a little dehydrated. =/
No comments:
Post a Comment