Was down with a flu since wednesday but I'm loads better now. I'm pretty sure it's not an ordinary kind of flu cuz it came very suddenly and my temperature has been fluctuating these few days. Took 2 separate doses of panadol tablets on wednesday but I did not have a good rest at all. One moment I was shivering and the next moment, sweating. So for the whole night, I was shivering, sweating, shivering, sweating... I felt like I was going to die, seriously. Can tell you that feeling is so much worse than getting drunk.
On thurs noon, I woke up with puffy eyes. Went to see Dr Sia and he said I might have developed an allergic reaction to panadol. Allergies can develop anytime in our lives and it's more likely the case for me since I'm already proven to be allergic to another type of paracetamol. That sucks, cuz, it means that from now on, should I get ill with a fever, I can only lie in bed and rest till I'm well.
That said, it's still only a hypothesis. I've yet to show him the ingredients on my panadol box. What worries me is, why the sudden onset of fever? Dr Sia was unable to trace the source of my flu, but he said that if my fever doesn't subside by next monday, I'll have to go for a blood test to test for dengue. Well, I doubt it's dengue since I haven't had any mosquito bites. Plus, I'm feeling loads better already. Have been taking antibiotics and lotsa flu tea. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment