Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"wahahaha... OCTOPUS!"

I had my 5th driving lesson today. It's also the first time I got unto the main road. It's definitely more fun than going around the carpark. Driving on the main road is so different from driving in the carpark IMO.

On the carpark, the important thing is to know how to turn around sharp angles and the only thing to guide you on a straight path is probably a tree, a lampost or another car. On the main road, however, you got to constantly keep a lookout for other cars and pedestrians. You don't have much time to think about your driving steps, i.e; clutch in, power off, change gear. It should all come naturally to you, and stored inside your subconscious mind.

I went a few rounds around the Kallang and Indoor stadium today. Initally I drove like a snake. Lolz. I wasn't used to looking at the dotted lines to guide my path, and I wasn't sure if I should be staying so close to the line. From my view, it seemed like I was driving in the middle of the road, but my instructor said that is what it should look like.

My driving instructor, Uncle Alan, is such a funny person. I remember during the first lesson, we saw a mini van on the road farting black smoke. And he went,"wahahahaha!!! OCTOPUS!!!" I was like -_-". He also likes to scold bad drivers. haha. Almost every lesson we'll meet some bad drivers on the road. I realised that it's not that bad drivers only appear during our driving lessons, it's just that I didn't notice them. Uncle Alan is very particular about road safety and proper driving.

"That fella didn't check blind spot. *HONK*". And the taxi driver turned around and waved his hand in apology. Erm, I think there's a reason why he's a driving instructor after all.

Anyway, I improved quite a bit towards the end of the lesson. I went up to 3rd gear and 40km/h, and I drive more smoothly now. There was also very little jerking. He said I could start driving from my home for the next lesson! Actually he seems more excited than I am. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment