Sunday, May 30, 2010

Unthinkable

Unthinkable
This movie is about how the United States is put in a dilemma when faced with a terrorist threat-- to be exact, 3 nukes at 3 different undisclosed locations. To "face his enemies" in this "holy war" the terrorist behind all this deliberately let himself be caught by the FBI, obviously all prepared for a full-on interrogation. And you know how terrorists being terrorists, they are extremely hard to break, hence the need to bring in specialist interrogator, H (Samuel L. Jackson).

6 days was all they had to meet his demands, and H increased the intensity of his interrogation (aka torture) with each passing day. Still the terrorist refused to break. Finally, at the last 3 hours, H says,"What I'm about to do is.... UNTHINKABLE." (hence the title) I think I kind of laughed at that bit. Oh please. After 8 seasons of 24, I would consider these torture tactics mild and weak. After 6 days, all you can think of is to bring in his family for torture? Jack Bauer would've shot his wife's leg at the very beginning WITHOUT HESITATION. Mix some stupid cops with "high moral values" in -rather save his 2 children then save 20million people in America- you have a nuke all ready to explode. Obviously, these cops aren't very good in math as well.

Pretty weak twist- quite predictable, pretty boring as well- long movie revolving around something so trivial, don't waste your time.
2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment