Friday, October 30, 2009

This Is It



I went to watch Michael Jackson's "This Is It" movie yesterday. Hmm, not sure if it should be made into a movie because it seems like the producers just wanna make a quick buck out of it. It's already bad enough that thousands of people paid millions of dollars for this concert which never happened. Nevertheless, I quite enjoyed it. It gives a really upclose and personal look with Michael. 

However, fans who are anticipating hits like "Heal the World", "You Are Not Alone" (unfortunately, also my top 2 fave MJ songs), prepare to be disappointed. He also did NOT do the moonwalk! =(

Anyhow, I must applaud his team of dancers (11 guys chosen among hundreds). They're really really really good. Like how during the auditions, the producer was saying that they are looking for "an extension of Michael Jackson". Wow.

Also, the pyrotechnics and background clips were amazing. So much effort was put into it. They even built the sets for Thriller, Earth Song, and Smooth Criminal to film the introduction of each song.

At the end of it all, everyone gathered in a circle and held hands while MJ made a short speech. He was saying something like all of us must love each other, and take care of the planet (as if it's of any relevance to the concert =.=) because we have only 4 years to fix it before it is irreversible. For a moment there, he sounded like a politican or something haha. But aww, so sweet. =)

I'll just list out the songs that he performed in the movie, as far as I can remember, if anybody's thinking of watching.

Bad
Jam
Wanna Be Starting Something
Beat It
This Girl is Mine
Human Nature
Thriller
Smooth Criminal
Earth Song
Man in the Mirror
Billie Jean
Black Or White
They Don't Care About Us

He also did 2 Jackson 5 songs. Can't really remember, I think it was

I'll Be There, and
I Want You Back

Of cuz now it sounds really different. Imagine him singing the abc123 song. =X

No comments:

Post a Comment