Thursday, August 31, 2006

Uncle Nathan?

The other day, I was driving home during my driving lesson when my instructor, Uncle Alan, spotted the President's house nearby (Yes, I do live near the President).

him: Woah whose house is that? Got policeman!
me: That's the President's house. You don't know meh?
him: President?
me: S.R Nathan?
him: Huh?! Uncle Nathan?
me: Uncle Nathan?


Later on, I found out that he was one of those who were invited to Istana to have a meal with the President because he was one of the top fund-raisers in Singapore. Also, he met "Uncle Nathan" on many other occasions too, due to the fact that he's very active in community service. Hence, the affectionate name.

It was weird though. First, we've driven past the President's house many times and he only noticed it now. Second, he's a friend of the President yet he did not know where he lives. I thought EVERYONE knows where he lives. But then again, I don't suppose their conversations include anything about their residence anyway. Third, "Uncle Nathan" sounds really funny to me. LOL.

The best part of this is that he gets about 8 tickets to the NDP every year! WOW! It's been a long time since I went to the NDP! He said I could get it from him next year! YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment