Wednesday, May 04, 2011

GE2011 (II)

It's damn annoying when I log onto Facebook these days and there's always a couple of people on the newsfeed complaining about the government, making snide remarks, and misquoting the PAP (there's video evidence). I'm saying this not in defence of PAP, but well, I haven't seen people doing the same for the opposition.

Whatever man. Not happy then don't vote for them lah. Talk so much for what. I don't see the need for all these hate, and spreading of hate. It's extremely childish and uncalled for.

Why can't we be civilised people and have insightful debates instead of taunting and jeering. It's embarrassing to see Singaporeans behaving like a bunch of goons on the open social media platforms. I guess where the education system really failed is to teach us to be gracious people like the Japanese.

And then we also get people complaining about the sensationalism on the local news that favours the PAP. Oh, so the TR and TOC that you read so frequently isn't? Grow up. Sensationalism is everywhere. Whether it's for the PAP, or the Opposition, sensationalism is what the media thrives on. It's up to you to believe what is published, but nobody should narrow their sights on one news platform just because it claims to be the one true "open" platform. *rolls eyes*

Clearly, some people aren't using much of their brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment