Thursday, February 03, 2011

CNY Fail

Mum was totally unprepared when it comes to decorating the house with CNY stuff. She brought out last year's CNY decoration to put them up and I said,"You can't use that." "Why?" "Because it's not Tiger year anymore. There are tigers in it."

So everywhere's closed. What do you do but rely on Gerrie to make the CNY stuff with angpows?





I cringe at the sight of these homemade decorations. It totally spells C-H-E-A-P-S-K-A-T-E. Adding to my horror, Mum actually said that these locations that Gerrie chose to display her homemade decorative piece was a great idea.


Later on, Mum tore out the lanterns from last year's Tiger decorative piece to paste on the wall.


Gerrie: Don't put that lah. It's not even a proper word.
Mum: It's correct what. Wan Shi Ru Yi.
Gerrie: No... It's Xi Yang Ru Yi.
Me: IT'S JI XIANG RU YI LAH. Wah your Chinese damn jia lat.

********************************************************

Mum: I want to watch countdown.
Gerrie: What countdown?
Mum: New Year countdown?
Gerrie: It's already 2011...?
...
Mum: Chinese New Year countdown.
Gerrie: Why Chinese New Year must countdown?
...

********************************************************

Gerrie: "财神" is Monkey God right?

********************************************************

Gerrie: I wore my best dress yesterday. I thought Chinese New Year is yesterday.
Me: What? You should have worn it today. It's the first day.
Gerrie: I know. I just realised it. No wonder there was a countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment