Monday, June 14, 2010

Karate Kid

The Karate Kid
(Watched this at GV @ KLCC for only RM9. Woot!)
Kh reckons this is better than Ip Man. I love Ip Man and Ip Man 2, but I think I'll have to agree. The difference is this movie is set in a modern setting, meaning we get to see current and fantastic scenery of China- love the old-looking neighbourhood, the temple-like school architecture, kungfu on the top of the Great Wall of China- and most of all, all of the great action scenes are done by KIDS. I'm glad Jackie Chan has learned to step aside and let the younger generation take over. And also this is probably the first movie which wasn't about him, and didn't show him getting involve with a young and pretty woman. +20 points for him- he's earned some of my respect back. Look at all that muscle packed on that kid Jaden. Impressive kid. Great acting, great kungfu. Will Smith must have taught his son well.
4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment