For the first time, I made an actual effort to plan for a Malaysian trip and I can honestly say that it is without a doubt the most enjoyable one. Went to Penang during the National Day weekends with Kh, 6th Uncle and his family. It was my 3rd time to Penang- 1st time by plane (SIA somemore), 2nd time by cruise, 3rd time by car- but it felt like the first. I guess I never really knew Penang before this.
We embarked on our journey at about 2am on Saturday morning and arrived at Penang island at about 8am. 6th Uncle was kinda crazy. He was driving at 160-180km/h, weaving in and out of traffic. If my parents know about this, they'd probably not let me go travelling with him again.
I took over the wheel for about an hour. 6th Uncle's Nissan Teana was very very stable. So much more stable than his old Toyota Picnic, which I honestly thought was already very stable. I kept a good, comfortable speed of 120-140km/h but it really really felt like 60km/h. No kidding. You have to keep an eye on the speedometer else you'll be speeding your way without realising it.

The moon at 7am.
6th Uncle's Nissan Teana
Love his car. Super high tech haha. Keyless technology. The driver's seat felt like a massage chair. And the handbrake is, well not really a handbrake, but rather a footbrake. Kind of like where the clutch used to be. Oh, and the GPS lady has quite a nice voice. Hehe.

No worries of getting lost with this super high-tech GPS.
Penang Bridge, longest in South-east Asia
Famous Penang Char Kway Teow for breakfast
Went to visit the Tropical Spice Garden at Batu Ferringhi after that.
Cousin Pei Shan and Dennis
Nice sea view behind here
Cooking class using spices from the spice garden
Cheeky Pei Shan and Dennis imitating Kh from behind
Fighting again
Tray of spices
6th Uncle and aunt went to lie on the beach while waiting for us to finish our tour
Next stop: Butterfly Farm
View at your own discretion.
And don't ask me why non-butterfly creatures are in the farm. They should rename the place "Farm for disgusting and scary creatures"
This butterfly just came out out its pupa. How did they manage to squeeze in there?
Giant millipedes
Scorpion
Alligator Snapper Turtle
Green Iguana
Leaf Insect
Another leaf insect
Butterfly museum
Nice landscape
Leaf frogs
Glow-in-the-dark scorpions
Face insect

Giant centipede

Day 1 is not over. Part 2 coming right up...
No comments:
Post a Comment