Monday, February 16, 2009

Vday 2009

This year's vday was supposed to be quite special. But kh and I felt that our dinner at 6th Avenue was overrated and the tour around Night Safari after that was quite a disappointment too.

Brazilian Churrascaria at 6th Avenue. $120 nett for a couple. Includes a free bottle of wine.

There was so much hype about it. People kept saying its the best in Singapore so Kh and I wanted to give it a try. I've been to the brazilian churrascarias at Carnivore, Samba, and now this. I can tell you without a doubt that I like Carnivore most.

Here's how I rate it (over 10):
6th Avenue
Food: 8
Service: 6
Ambience: 8
Price: 7

Carnivore
Food: 8
Service: 9
Ambience: 9.5
Price: 8

Samba
Food: 6.5
Service: 7.5
Ambience: 7
Price: 6.5

The highlight at 6th Avenue was none other than the beef ribs and beef hump (at least to us). The fish was pretty good too, except that it came at a totally wrong time-- when we were about to leave. By then, food won't taste as good. The cheese buns were great but definitely not as good as Carnivore's. Loved their salad bar because of the variety, but the downside to it is that the food is always cold, and the refills don't always taste the same. Don't try their pineapples.

I guess Carnivore has a smaller variety of meat available. But their pineapples, cheese buns and tomato soup are to die for. Loved their salad bar. Although there is a smaller variety of food at the salad bar, the food there is frequently refilled. Hence, you'll always get warm food. The beef is not as nice as 6th Avenue's, but the service sure is. Not to mention bonus stuff like chocolate fondue and live band. =)



The spaghetti was way too salty. The fried shitake mushrooms would've been nice if they were warm.




My fave combi: Grilled potatoes, potato salad, beef rice, beef hump, cheese buns

Chicken and Bacon


Kh's sis was telling us Night Safari changed a lot and it's now really worth going. I personally think that that is true, except that half the time I was complaining that I couldn't see a thing. It costs $32/person to enter, plus tram ride. The tram goes too fast, and the 2 guides we had spoke in a singsong voice. Even the angmohs next to us were trying to figure out what one of them was saying.

The Creatures of the Night show was not too great. Started queueing at 9am for the 9.30pm show and only managed to get seats in the last third row. The show was 30mins long, 25mins of the time, it was the host talking a lot of rubbish. Lame jokes and all. Seriously a waste of time, especially since we queued for almost half an hour for it. Didn't get to see much animal action. So much for an animal show.

What was good though, was the giant anteater, fruit bats and clouded leopards. At least they were not hiding somewhere. In fact the clouded leopards look too cute to be real.



Huei Nee told me this is where she used to work. Now it has become a fish reflexology shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment